Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

**NSFW** Australia Appreciation Thread

Wrong side of the country to be me. ;) Besides my thoughts on guns are well known on this forum. Though I'd love to have a few old WW2 era small arms on display in my office/war room, I appreciate why our rules for owning them are so strict.

@Ithikial before the inevitable torrent of red hot freedom hits us, it's probably worth noting that in most western countries, unlicensed and/or unregistered possession of an automatic firearm has pretty severe penalties even IF you're able to legally purchase them easily... so you know, keep that in mind...

@Gnarly I'm not an armourer by any stretch of the imagination, but there is no reason why a barrel couldn't be improvised fairly easily. Rifling would be harder, but if you didn't want to worry about accuracy then it wouldn't take too much to fit it out. The harder part (in this country) is ammunition but by the report it seems he had that covered.

How an Australian claims a lottery win.
Fisherman drives eight hours to claim $1 million lotto win
Thursday, 14 September 2017 11:06AM

A WA fisherman has driven more than eight hours to claim $1 million after wining a share of the Monday lotto jackpot last week.

The winning ticket, one of four to share in the jackpot, was purchased by a 51-year-old man from the Northampton News outlet.

The ex-labourer said it took him over eight hours to drive from Northampton to Lotterywest HQ to claim his prize money.

"Mate, I drove pretty bloody carefully to get here because of the precious cargo I had tucked away in my back pocket," he told Lotterywest officials as he produced his winning ticket.

An avid fisherman, he said he would share his winnings with his mother and sister, as well as splash out on his favourite hobby.

"My friends hate taking me out on their boats as I always catch the biggest fish," he said.

"With a million bucks in my back pocket I can buy my own tinny now."

He became WA’s 49th Division 1 winner this year.

+++++++
For our international readers, this is a Tinny:
pictures-nov-2011-083.jpg

Snake story from Australia.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-...omous-king-brown-snake-bite-bike-tyre/9085180

"But as I've turned my phone on and looked down, it's a snake and it's actually striking at me, so I've thrown the bike and ran… like a big wuss."

Snake Catcher:
"It was a Mulga [king brown] snake, they are highly venomous but it takes you a fair while to die, at least half a day to die. He would have been a fairly sick puppy. He was quite lucky that his tyre was in the way and his tyre copped the bite; as it is, his bike died."

:D

Back