Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

**NSFW** Australia Appreciation Thread

It's pretty grim over here atm - we even having to enlist the native wildlife to assist our firefighters....

22584374-7821141-A_firefighter_and_a_koala_watch_on_as_fire_burns_through_the_Lob-a-5_1577108720576.jpg

For our international members, there's now a saying in Australia after this amazing ice skating race: "Did a Bradbury." Translates essentially to, everything just sort of fell into place/worked out perfectly. :p

Interesting to see the international coverage of the Australian fires. Nice to know we aren't forgotten down here and those online conspiracy theorists thinking we're all actors being paid by the Illuminati are back in their boxes for now. :p The fires are still going nuts on the east coast and there's still a few months of summer left. (Usually warm through to March across most of the country). Very angry and political but a good summary of why our Prime Minister is seen as a prick by many at the moment. And that's putting it nicely. @Rico - may be up your alley.

Video doesn't go into it but our Prime Minister also authorised partisan political advertisements about the response to the bushfires including images of our military (politicization of the military by the parties is illegal in Australia) once he returned from holiday. These social media adverts then included 'donate' buttons/links to his own political party rather than one of the many non-for profits and volunteer based organisations working on the ground. Morally and ethically bankrupt.

Also last year before he even went on holiday to Hawaii this newspaper cartoon spoke volumes.
a18df6bd46db432557af398360a57fd2b3beb6fb

Thanks to anyone overseas throwing a few dollars our way. An animal softy at heart, all I'd say is if you or your family are thinking of donating please consider one of the animal charaties caring for the overflow of natural fauna across many shelters.

Cheers

@Meat Grinder - Stafford is right. Easiest for a few dollars to go directly to the charities. The links I provided last night should take you direct to info pages for donations. This will allow those organisations to buy in the supplies they need.

There's also the Rural Fire Services if you want to support the volunteer fire brigades on the frontlines.
This is the two for the States smack bang in the middle of the firestorm.
https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/about-us/fundraising

Thanks to anyone overseas throwing a few dollars our way. An animal softy at heart, all I'd say is if you or your family are thinking of donating please consider one of the animal charaties caring for the overflow of natural fauna across many shelters.

I actually donated yesterday. Bought a couple of rounds of water for the thirsty drop bears koalas. Normally I wouldn't do it, given that Australia is a rich western country that just celebrated new years with massive fireworks displays (cost: 6.5 million dollars in Sydney, 3.4 million in Melbourne...), but an Australian friend asked me very sincerely.

I actually donated yesterday. Bought a couple of rounds of water for the thirsty drop bears koalas. Normally I wouldn't do it, given that Australia is a rich western country that just celebrated new years with massive fireworks displays (cost: 6.5 million dollars in Sydney, 3.4 million in Melbourne...), but an Australian friend asked me very sincerely.
Thanks mate. ;)

To show Australia isn't immune to political stupidity. Just as the fires go out across the east coast, and funnily enough there's now localised flooding, the Federal Govt decides to give $4m to a company thinking about building a new coal fired power plant so they can conduct their own feasibility study...

1581521413775.png

1581521464550.png

To show Australia isn't immune to political stupidity. Just as the fires go out across the east coast, and funnily enough there's now localised flooding, the Federal Govt decides to give $4m to a company thinking about building a new coal fired power plant so they can conduct their own feasibility study...

View attachment 17782

View attachment 17783
Hope you get loads of mate, You could do with it

Can. We. Not. Talk. About. Politics. PLEASE!

<==== /r/Australia is that way.

An Australian friend just called me crazy.
At least, I think he did.
He said, "Oi! You got roos loose in your top paddock!"
It was the coolest s*** I ever heard in my life!
You're welcome. :)

I'm guessing you told him a story or something that made you sound heroic or absolutely stupid/reckless. :)

Reactions: mTk
Back