Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

CMSF 2 DAR Menofwar93 (Dutch) VS Jackal2100 (Syria)

Menofwar93

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

This is my first ever DAR, so if you think that i could add something to this DAR report feel free to let me know. My opponent has also made a DAR from his perspective, if you want to look at his perspective you can check it out right here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...r-jackal2100-syria-vs-menofwar93-dutch.32576/

My opponent for this match is jackal2100 as Syria, and i myself am playing as the Dutch.

The map we are fighting on is roughly 2km by 2km and has 5 VP's (2 Major and 3 Minor). The major VP's are in the NW and NE corners of the map, and are 2 highway objectives. The village is a min VP and is located in the center upper part of the map on a bit of higher terrain. The remaining 2 min VP's are located in the SE part of the map, 1 of them is a farm and the other consists of a few houses along a road. On my side of the map is a long ridgeline which can mask the advance of my forces to the left.

This is the map as viewed from my perspective
20210303224838_1.jpg
I have split the part in 3 parts: The left, middle and center.20210304110939_1.jpg
Above is the view from my left: the left consists of a 2 small hills on my side on which i can establish a base of fire. Furthere more, the left flank consists mostly of woodland and has lots of ups and downs in the terrain.1614853185047.png
Above is the center: Between the village and my deployment zone is a huge piece of open ground, with the village being on high ground. The open ground is indefelade from the village and at a certain point i am save from direct fire from the village. As on the left side i have a long stretch of high ground on which i can establish a base of fire.

20210304110958_1.jpg
This is the view from the right: in the corner on my side there is 1 min VP and a hill with some trees on it. This makes a good position for ATGM's or vehicles and observers, but it is entirely visible from nearly all off my opponents side (especially from the village roofs, which i fear can have ATGM's on them. So if i want to get to this position, i need to clear out the farm objective first. On this side there is also a ford, which can be crossed by both men and vehicles. On the other side however there is very open ground and as soon as i cross it i will be exposed to fire from the village or fire from the Road North objective.20210304111014_1.jpg
I quickly identified 2 pieces of critical terrain: Above is a hill not to far from my deployment zone. Altough the hill is not very tall, it gives a pretty good view of the surrounding enviroment .I expect that my opponent realises that this hill is of great strategic value to me, so i find it to hazardous to make this a fire support position, so i decided to use this hill only as a observation point for Artillery observers and JTAC's.20210304115749_1.jpgHere we see a bit of highground on the left.This position doesn't give me the best view to the left, but i can see pretty mutch all the way to the road north objective. I decide to make this a fire support position and place Gill ATGM's here.

Hi there everyone,

This is my first ever DAR, so if you think that i could add something to this DAR report feel free to let me know. My opponent has also made a DAR from his perspective, if you want to look at his perspective you can check it out right here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefg...r-jackal2100-syria-vs-menofwar93-dutch.32576/

My opponent for this match is jackal2100 as Syria, and i myself am playing as the Dutch.

The map we are fighting on is roughly 2km by 2km and has 5 VP's (2 Major and 3 Minor). The major VP's are in the NW and NE corners of the map, and are 2 highway objectives. The village is a min VP and is located in the center upper part of the map on a bit of higher terrain. The remaining 2 min VP's are located in the SE part of the map, 1 of them is a farm and the other consists of a few houses along a road. On my side of the map is a long ridgeline which can mask the advance of my forces to the left.

This is the map as viewed from my perspective
View attachment 22635
I have split the part in 3 parts: The left, middle and center.View attachment 22636
Above is the view from my left: the left consists of a 2 small hills on my side on which i can establish a base of fire. Furthere more, the left flank consists mostly of woodland and has lots of ups and downs in the terrain.View attachment 22640
Above is the center: Between the village and my deployment zone is a huge piece of open ground, with the village being on high ground. The open ground is indefelade from the village and at a certain point i am save from direct fire from the village. As on the left side i have a long stretch of high ground on which i can establish a base of fire.

View attachment 22637
This is the view from the right: in the corner on my side there is 1 min VP and a hill with some trees on it. This makes a good position for ATGM's or vehicles and observers, but it is entirely visible from nearly all off my opponents side (especially from the village roofs, which i fear can have ATGM's on them. So if i want to get to this position, i need to clear out the farm objective first. On this side there is also a ford, which can be crossed by both men and vehicles. On the other side however there is very open ground and as soon as i cross it i will be exposed to fire from the village or fire from the Road North objective.View attachment 22641
I quickly identified 2 pieces of critical terrain: Above is a hill not to far from my deployment zone. Altough the hill is not very tall, it gives a pretty good view of the surrounding enviroment .I expect that my opponent realises that this hill is of great strategic value to me, so i find it to hazardous to make this a fire support position, so i decided to use this hill only as a observation point for Artillery observers and JTAC's.View attachment 22642Here we see a bit of highground on the left.This position doesn't give me the best view to the left, but i can see pretty mutch all the way to the road north objective. I decide to make this a fire support position and place Gill ATGM's here.

Always nice to see a new DAR / AAR. (y)
Voorwaarts!

20210304140359_1.jpg
20210304140411_1.jpg
20210304140427_1.jpg
Here is My chosen force:

As seen in the screenshots, i have chosen a Manouvre Battalion. This battalion has got:
1x FAC section
1x Recce platoon (mounted in fenneks)
1x Tank platoon (Leopard 2A6)
2x Mech inf company's (In both companys, 1st platoon is mounted in CV90's, and 2nd and 3rd are mounted in YPR-765's). These company's also get a platoon attached with 8 Gill ATGM launchers.
2x Company mortars (3x 81mm, both of them are off map)
3x TRP
1x F-16CJ with 4x 2000 lbs bombs
1x AH-64D with 38 FFAR rockets and 4 hellfires
1x section of 3 PZH2000

In total, my force has got:
8 Gill ATGMS teams
2 G-wagen HMG
18 Fenneks
8 CV90's
+/- 22 YPR-765's
7 Leopard 2A6's

From the original battalion, i have added/removed:

From both Gill platoons i have removed half of the launchers and vehicles (16 launchers seemed a bit overkill, now i have got 8 launchers)
I removed 2 tank platoons and added 1 more tank to the remaining platoon, totaling 7 tanks (dont ask me why, idk)
I removed the fennek from the JTAC section and added 2 G-wagen's (HMG) + another FAC.

1 thing i should have added were engineers, since there is a very high chance that my opponent has mined the road leading out of my deployment zone.

Last edited:
1 thing i should have added were engineers, since there is a very high chance that my opponent has mined the road leading out of my deployment zone.
If you're worried about mines on the road... better off not using the road ;) Engineers can't clear mines, they can only mark them so while they are really useful, it's easier to just bypass likely minefields.

If you're worried about mines on the road... better off not using the road ;) Engineers can't clear mines, they can only mark them so while they are really useful, it's easier to just bypass likely minefields.
yeah i am not going to use the road. Its no big deal that i dont have engineers but maybe it would have been handy if i took them

Seems like a very potent force! Agreed that potential mined areas are better bypassed, properly searching & marking mines over a large area takes a long time and will still require the bypass anyway. I find engineers mostly useful for assaulting urban area's.

PS The Gill does still seem to overshoot quite a bit in my experience, so prepare for that ;-).

20210303224838_1.jpg
So.... here is my current battle plan:
The Squares/lines around the VP's are (potential) enemy positions.
Every colored line represents 1 inf platoon (every platoon has got 1 or 2 tanks with them).
The Green line represents a group of four Gill ATGM's. They will go to the left flank and try to pick of any Syrian tanks that represent themselfs.
The blacked out areas are marked as potential minefields.
The purple circle represenst my reserve.
And the red circle in front of my deployment zone is my overwatch point.

in the first 4 minutes nothing mutch happened. I lost 1 scout on the right flank who were scouting out the farm objective, but when turn 5 started the action started to pick up:
20210304151930_1.jpg
My Gill teams quickly reported 3 possible tanks
20210304151954_1.jpg
The Gill platoon commander spots what looks to be a modernised T-72, and the platoon commander starts to aim the launcher
20210304152014_1.jpg
Missile is away!20210304152025_1.jpg
That is one toasted T-72, none of the crew made it out as the missile exploded right above the turret. It looks like my decision to put the Gill's here was a good choice.
20210304152051_1.jpg
Its not all going my way tough: Jackal targeted the hill with airburst artilley and is starting to target it with conventional munitions aswell. To this barrage i lost 2 wounded scouts, the G-wagen got hit by a near miss from conventional munitions and it took out the vehicle + the driver. I am now moving the fenneks up to get the scouts and observers off this hill.

Seems like a very potent force! Agreed that potential mined areas are better bypassed, properly searching & marking mines over a large area takes a long time and will still require the bypass anyway. I find engineers mostly useful for assaulting urban area's.

PS The Gill does still seem to overshoot quite a bit in my experience, so prepare for that ;-).
Right after you said that my Gill knocks out a T-72 :)

Turn 7:
20210304223041_1.jpg
The aftermatch of being to cocky: i pushed up 1 Leopard to help my infantry take the first objective. Instead, it got it by an ATGM fired from the village (this was something i had considered but still decided to yolo it). The result is 1 destroyed tank, 3 dead and 2 wounded.

This was a bit of a rushed decision: there were only 2 guys in that building so maybe it was not worth it to push that leopard up (from what i have heard my opponent is giving those 2 guys medals)
I am now going to be a bit more slow and carefull, and will use my support to the fullest extent possible.

Last edited:
20210304231639_1.jpg
Hmm.... Whilst moving up a hill to an OP, my JTAC gets a brief spot on a Syrian T-72 hiding in the village. Its time to move up a Gill team, and move them straight back down afterwards.

We are know at turn 9:
20210305222916_1.jpg
One of Jackal's tanks target a 2 mans scout team: it ended up hitting just in front of said team slightly injuring one of them.
But the unfortunate part is that the shell took out another 2 man scout the he did not even see or fire upon.....20210305222957_1.jpg
My artillery is now hitting the town (call in time with TRP is 2 min, medium mission, maximum duration)20210305223034_1.jpg
My opponent is starting to target the base of fire my left flank.

Last edited:
We are know at turn 1:
20210305234152_1.jpg
The tank on the left flank popped smoke and reversed, it must be pretty close even with those soviet style smoke launchers20210305234230_1.jpg
The Gill platoon commander also gets a spot on a possible armored vehicle

Last edited:
We are now around 10 turns into the match:
20210306004003_1.jpg
The Gill platoon commander spots a Shilka SPAA on the maindroad near some buildings. I had just called in my Apache, and this Shilka is making me pull it back for now
20210306002713_1.jpg
A Gill launcher on the right spots a T-72 in the village and quickly engages it.
20210306004310_1.jpg
This is just bad luck for the syrians: the Apache fires a hellfire at the tank
20210306004350_1.jpg
The result is a knocked out tank + a destroyed building
20210306004339_1.jpg
And after less then 1 second after the hellfire had hit, the missile fired by the Gill hits the tank
20210306004406_1.jpg(I am pretty sure its dead now, what do you guys think?)
20210306004742_1.jpg
Mean while on the right: 3rd platoon of 2nd company is slowly advancing through some vegitation (they are not crawling, they are just laying there at the moment).

Last edited:
Just a request: if you can mention how many minutes it is into the game (not just 'Next turn') at start of each post so those of us following can read your account versus Jackal's account (please!).

Just a request: if you can mention how many minutes it is into the game (not just 'Next turn') at start of each post so those of us following can read your account versus Jackal's account (please!).
I have updated it, thx for the tip!

Its now turn 12:
20210306182433_1.jpg
On the left, the Gill platoon commander spots that pesky Shilka and starts to take aim. Unfortunately, before it gets the opportunity to fire they lose the spot
20210306181239_1.jpg
3rd Company, 2nd platoon are still probing on the right.
20210306181258_1.jpg
I am also deploying 2 more Gill teams, 1 in the middle and the other on my right.20210306181404_1.jpg
20210306182749_1.jpg
The Gill team on the right report a possible tank on a hill.

That wraps up Turn 12

Turn 13
20210306185041_1.jpg
After only 3 seconds into turn 13, a Leo spots the Shilka. But due to me giving it a target arc was unable to fire, and i removed the target arc afterwards
20210306185041_1.jpg20210306185112_1.jpg
The Gill platoon commander makes the spot on the Shilka and fires a missile, hitting the Shilka and killing all of its crew20210306191744_1.jpg20210306191805_1.jpg
That Shilka won't be threating my CAS any longer
20210306185303_1.jpg
The Gill on the right has moved in to position and i hope that it can pick of some targets.

Last edited:
Back