Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updating ...
Here... 1,353 infected in total
42 dead in total

Pathetic the news that comes from Ecuador. Bodies abandoned on the streets! It seems like a biblical punishment to humanity.

Well... I don't doubt that the situation is bad there, but I think the news from Ecuador has been somewhat exaggerated by sensationalist reporting.

If you read this piece on BBC (in spanish), it says people are dying and not getting collected, so we are led to assume that all those people are dying from corona. But when you read to the end, it seems like most of the people are actually dying from natural causes, and that it is a general panic that prevents them from being collected.

"Siempre había personas que fallecían en su casa. Lo normal era que un médico determinaba la causa de muerte y luego venía la funeraria. Pero ahora hay un pánico generalizado y se piensa que toda persona que fallece en Guayaquil tiene coronavirus. Entonces las funerarias no se quieren hacer cargo", explica a BBC Mundo Grace Navarrete, médica salubrista que pertenece a la Sociedad Ecuatoriana de Salud Pública.

That being said, I repeat that of course the situation is serious and it will get worse. But when that article was written, there were still only a total of 93 deaths due to corona in Ecuador. Hardly enough to collapse the whole country's services.

So, has anyone run out of toilet paper yet? Was the panic buying of toilet roll justified?

I'm beginning to wonder if I should start planting vegetables in the garden, who knows how things will be in a few months as the world waits for a vaccine.
Just picked up our sweet corn seeds for our garden yesterday along with 200 onion sets.

Pathetic the news that comes from Ecuador. Bodies abandoned on the streets! It seems like a biblical punishment to humanity.

My brother retired to Ecuador. He's in Cuenca up in the mountains.
I understand there are a lot of Ex-Pats or retired Americans there.
He's going to stay there instead of coming home.
I think he's nuts but it just may be safer up in the mountains than here.

I think the point is to keep the business going and to provide a way for the women, who because they are contractors, are ineligible for unemployment, some income.

What I've read is that you don't need to go to extreme chemicals to destroy the virus. You can't "kill" it in the traditional sense of the word since, arguably, the virus is not "alive."
The best way to get rid of the virus, and simplest, is just soap. Soap breaks down its fat protective coating and "presto!" Virus is kaput!

F8Riv3U.png

-----
tvMKgv2.jpg

Quarantine Day 16 ...
98 new cases of contagion, total 1,451.
One more death, total 43.

Principles of the month, time of expiration of taxes. It is important (currently) to maintain the paid Internet & Netflix account.:rolleyes:

I wonder if the public perception of celebs/influencers is going to change, at least a bit.
They really have been exposed for the morons they are with their ridiculous responses to the situation.
There has never been any reason to admire these people just because they are "famous" and it's never been more obvious then now.
I admit a few came off looking very good, but the number was d*** small.
I am worried a bit about the Kardashians though. Did you read about their fight?
Very troublesome indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back