Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the public perception of celebs/influencers is going to change, at least a bit.

I doubt it.

intelligence-quotient-Graph-distribution-mean-deviation-region.jpg

I wonder if the public perception of celebs/influencers is going to change, at least a bit.
They really have been exposed for the morons they are with their ridiculous responses to the situation.
There has never been any reason to admire these people just because they are "famous" and it's never been more obvious then now.
I admit a few came off looking very good, but the number was d*** small.
I am worried a bit about the Kardashians though. Did you read about their fight?
Very troublesome indeed.
What do you call a fight between the Kardashian sisters?

A hoe down.

So the US media has been criticizing the Administration (and the President) for reversing itself (himself) on the use of masks. The Administration has been excoriated for not making the recommendation for the public to wear masks when out of the home. Ironically, this morning I have seen two articles stating that masks are worthless. Now is anyone surprised anymore on the game the media is playing? (I'll give you a hint - propaganda bias).

There's a reason they call it Monday morning quarterbacking...

for not making the recommendation for the public to wear masks when out of the home. Ironically, this morning I have seen two articles stating that masks are worthless.

I haven't read that masks are worthless, but that they are no silver bullet for stopping the virus. Wearing a mask won't do much to save you from getting infected, but if you already have the virus, the mask is quite effective at preventing you from infecting others.

I agree that the masks might keep infected people from infecting others. I also think that it might keep you from touching your mouth and nose, which are vulnerable areas. Just keep washing your hands and don't touch your face.

Do US supermarkets provide free hand sanitiser and plastic gloves at the entrance?

A man takes his wife to get tested. Two days later he gets a call from the lab.
Doctor: I'm sorry to inform you that your wife's test results were mixed up with another patient's.
We're not sure if she has COVID-19 or Alzheimer's disease.
Man: So what am I supposed to do now?
Doctor: Take her for a long walk and leave her. If she finds her way back home, don't open the door.

Wipes and at some stores sanitizer. Some stores have one person that wipes down the carts. Another place is actually spraying sanitizer solution on the cart handles from a sprayer.
One of the things I have noticed is how quiet it is in the early evenings. With air travel at a virtual standstill it amazes me, like it did immediately after 9/11, how much ambient background noise aircraft add to the equation. I also live at least two miles from interstates and I am not picking up that “rumble” either. I am picking up traffic noise from Metcalf Avenue, which is 1/2 mile west, but I figure people are just out cruising on a beautiful spring day.

Do US supermarkets provide free hand sanitiser and plastic gloves at the entrance?
Where we shop they wipe down the handles of the carts. They have also gone from 24 hours a day to 8a-10p. It gives them a chance to sanitize at night. They do provide wipes but no sanitizer alcohol.

One of the things I have noticed is how quiet it is in the early evenings. With air travel at a virtual standstill it amazes me, like it did immediately after 9/11, how much ambient background noise aircraft add to the equation. I also live at least two miles from interstates and I am not picking up that “rumble” either. I am picking up traffic noise from Metcalf Avenue, which is 1/2 mile west, but I figure people are just out cruising on a beautiful spring day.
We have an airbase next to us and the amount of cargo that is being moved is none stop. The conspiracy minded folks are screaming that the military is setting up death camps and that they will be coming for our guns any day now.

A man takes his wife to get tested. Two days later he gets a call from the lab.
Doctor: I'm sorry to inform you that your wife's test results were mixed up with another patient's.
We're not sure if she has COVID-19 or Alzheimer's disease.
Man: So what am I supposed to do now?
Doctor: Take her for a long walk and leave her. If she finds her way back home, don't open the door.

I think it should be in the "Top Ten" of your jokes.!!

Here 103 new cases. Also three more deceased.(n)

Meanwhile in Australia a certain 'think' tank is now arguing we should lift social isolation measures because we are showing signs of flattening the curve and the economy is more important at this point. <face palm> Yes I'm sure the virus looks at all the pretty graphs, follows the rules we tell it to and will not decide to spread itself when we all start mingling again.

Meanwhile in Australia a certain 'think' tank is now arguing we should lift social isolation measures because we are showing signs of flattening the curve and the economy is more important at this point. <face palm> Yes I'm sure the virus looks at all the pretty graphs, follows the rules we tell it to and will not decide to spread itself when we all start mingling again.
Now there's a think tank not thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back