Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
QNWmjFB.jpg

Uh. How about that!? Made my usual Safeway Death March this morning. Is the hysteria over?
There was no door guard out front restricting customer access until someone leaves the store.
In fact, there was no line at all! Walked right in!
Started looking around and the shelf inventory was as good as its been since all this started. Sure, some gaps on shelves, but get this. There was both TP AND paper towels. That's the first time that's happened since all this began.
Checking out? No problem. In fact there were no customers in line or even checking out. I just walked right up.
They remain out of paper bags and the plastic bags are irritating. Did I miss something? Did we run short on trees, or what?
With the return of plastic bags (banned locally) the greenies must be going nuts. At least there is something to feel good about today. :p

Texas (yes, Texas) hair salon owner jailed for opening her hair salon a few days early, so her employees can earn some money to take care of their families. Meanwhile, the dog grooming business next door to her salon was never forced to close. Guys, this is bullshit. This brave woman was not being reckless. When she reopened, all employees were to wear masks, and she was trying to comply with the CDC guidelines. Government overreach. Tiny dictators. Thankfully, the governor of Texas made some changes.

Bull(shit) on Parade, boys:

Last edited:
Is it just me, but I keep seeing information about the number of people with the virus, the number of virus-related deaths, but I don't see much information on the number of people who have recovered. Also, if they know what demographics are susceptible to the disease, wouldn't they know what demographic segments are asymptomatic or at least show minimal symptoms? I don't see much in the media about those statistics. Finally, as more and more people get tested quicker, wouldn't statistically there be a second peak because there is a higher daily volume of tests being conducted? Wouldn't you have to compare the number of positives against the overall number tested to get a more accurate result ratio of positives to negatives? Is the ratio consistent on a daily basis throughout the duration of the pandemic?

Last edited:
OK, so we (USA) start testing millions.
Uh, what then? What about those that test negative? Do they still have to be tested regularly as a precaution in case they might get infected later? If not, why not?
I just don't understand the logic of (attempted) mass testing of those who are asymptomatic. Not at the volume being discussed. I just don't see how it can be done.
Never mind. Off to play XCOM 2.

Thought I might give an update on the Dallas, TX woman who decided to open her hair salon a few days early and some Dallas judge decided to fine her $7k, demand an apology, and jail her 7 days. Bet he regrets that.

Freedom baby. Freedom.

I appreciate the lady's motives, but she only had to wait a few more days before the lockdown ended. I mean, in my book, if you ask for trouble, you'll probably get some. However, if the guv was smart, he might want to warm up his pardon pen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back