Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulling a gun on someone staring you down at the deli counter is a sign of serious mental illness. Now, if you are at the cheese counter and someone is eyeing the last of the smoked Gouda........well, that's another matter entirely.

Well of course. Everyone knows that! I blame Mother’s Day. It drives families crazy. Get rid of it, along with Father’s Day, and Valentine‘s Day.

A little off topic, but here it is.
First off, check this out. No one in my family has ever celebrated this. I am soo upset.
"Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents' Day in the U.S. and,
on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation.
- Wiki
------
And there's this:
-----
Some one else can look up Fathers Day if they wish.

First off, check this out. No one in my family has ever celebrated this. I am soo upset.
"Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents' Day in the U.S. and,
- Wiki
------
And there's this:
-----

Here is the interesting part of the Mother’s Day wiki.....

Although Jarvis was successful in founding Mother's Day, she became resentful of the commercialization of the holiday. By the early 1920s, Hallmark Cards and other companies had started selling Mother's Day cards. Jarvis believed that the companies had misinterpreted and exploited the idea of Mother's Day and that the emphasis of the holiday was on sentiment, not profit. As a result, she organized boycotts of Mother's Day, and threatened to issue lawsuits against the companies involved.[17

- Wiki
------
And there's this:
-----

Amd I don’t think I need to look up Father’s Day. My bet is that it was created because there was a Mother’s Day.

Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Valentine's day are all purely made up holidays, by commercial interests.

If you really want to get into it, research how the value of diamonds, wedding rings, etc. is pretty much made up by the modern jewelry industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back