Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now my assistant at work is self isolating for 14 days as two of his sons are showing symptoms.........

Stay safe all.

Steve

Up until yesterday I was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing despite living in Reading, UK which is effectively ground zero for this country with the first recorded death at the start of the month. I have a couple of elderly relatives who are voluntarily self isolating due to historical health problems, but found out today that one of them has been diagnosed this morning with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Because of the virus, I can't visit them for fear of passing on the infection if I have it. The reality of this pandemic has hit very close to home today!

Sorry to hear that Josey. It is going to hit home for a lot of people in the very near future.

@Stafford

My daughter is eight.... she is coming home with raw hands from washing them 6+ times a day. I put cream on and it stings her... she asks me will Nana and Papa die from the virus. She is fucking eight years old.... she is not a snowflake she is a child.

And yes I worry about stats... Im sure a lot of folk die every day but look at the numbers rolling out of Italy... increasing every day. Thats not normal. As @Nathangun says... its a collapsed health care system.

My daughter is eight.... she is coming home with raw hands from washing them 6+ times a day. I put cream on and it stings her... she asks me will Nana and Papa die from the virus. She is fucking eight years old.... she is not a snowflake she is a child.

And yes I worry about stats... Im sure a lot of folk die every day but look at the numbers rolling out of Italy... increasing every day. Thats not normal. As @Nathangun says... its a collapsed health care system.

Part of why so many people are dying in Italy is that they have a very old population. Not saying it's "normal", but maybe it can help to tell your daughter that most of the people dying from this virus are very old and most have many existing health problems.

San Francisco just saw what Ohio did and said “Hold my beer.”

24 hour curfew for the next 3 weeks.
What about the homeless epidemic in California? This will be devastating once it hits full swing.

I started a new job today with a company based in Cedar Falls Iowa and I am here for training this week. I stayed in a hotel last night with 3, count ‘Em 3 other guests. This morning on the news the governor of Iowa has basically ordered all schools closed for four weeks. The company I am with now has a dorm room and a shower and break room with microwave with kitchen amenities, so I bought 5 day’s worth of food and will be staying in the building until I go back to Kansas City on Friday, thereupon I will be working remotely.

Colleges in our region are suspended, then are going to online learning on or about March 23. Looks like resteraunts and bars will be closing. And they are saying no group gatherings of more than 50 people, so think about this is the holy season for Christians so they have effectively said church’s should close.

These are scary times. But I have the faith that if we and our families follow the guidelines and directives our respective governments are putting in place and we keep our heads and lay low for awhile we will come out in more or less one piece. All of you be safe! And keep your bums clean!

HOA-KSOP aka ksbearski aka Barry

So where do all the homeless people shelter during a curfew? I ask in all seriousness.

Hope mTk’s wine cellar is stocked and he has 3 weeks of food stockpiled. I have about 2 weeks which I might be able to stretch into 3 weeks but it would be getting lean at the end of three weeks

Yesterday we had 56 cases, today the number was reversed, 65. But only two deaths, luckily.

What is certain is that if the cases increase, everything will become seriously complicated. This image is of today, people wanting to board a train to go to their jobs. We are on the way to chaos of not having a brake to the virus.
005.jpg

My pals kid is in hospital... severe chest infection and breathing difficulties. He is 5 years old... he should be fine but shit one for the wee lad. A department at my work has ordered a deep clean... again not good news in my station. So all in all a rather shit day... I will be quickly cutting of myself and family from the outside world. It can go to hell. Stay safe guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back