Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed ... no time for tinfoil crackpots and conspiracy peddlers ... not end of the world... but a HUGE blip with possibly quite serious economic consequences.
Yeah, the issue will always be people acting irresponsibly with regards to exposure and transmission.

So have any of those religious faith healer preacher types stepped up to volunteer and work in the Corona isolation wards? :LOL:

Wouldn't be surprised if they had. If I were a faith healer, I would think it was a pretty easy and safe way to prove my faith.

It would take more faith to volunteer for an Ebola isolation ward. A bit of dry cough and fever is not that scary compared to bleeding profusely to death from every opening in the body.

However, people still did volunteer to fight Ebola. Not sure if any faith healers were among them.

That was...odd.
Just made my weekly Safeway (grocery) trip this morning. The store was basically empty!!
It was 15 deep at the checkout line last week and took me 45 minutes to get through. . Today? Nada.
I guess there is only so much room in one's living room for toilet paper.
Sure, some of the store looked like it had recently been pillaged by Vikings, but other than the expected outages things were just fine.
Wasn't that a pleasant surprise?

I was just informed that Meijer was going to have Tuesdays and Thursdays for “geezers” that’s what my wife said, from 7a-8a. I’m 64 I guess I’ll fit that bill. I will certainly take advantage of that.

So have any of those religious faith healer preacher types stepped up to volunteer and work in the Corona isolation wards? :LOL:
I HAVE seen some crazy snake oil salesmen coming out of the woodwork lately.

One evangelist was saying that faith would protect his congregation in one of those massive evangelical stadiums.
But he decided to call it off because if someone who didn't have enough faith got sick, then he would be blamed.
Another is apparently peddling a holy cure in a bottle that will supposedly protect the faithful. Ka-ching$$$

Many clerics in various countries are encouraging people to attend churches and mosques etc because their deity will protect them.
The ancient Arab saying comes to mind..."Trust in god, but always tether your camel". :unsure:

And the day came when we passed the hundred: Today 128 in total. We continue with only three deaths.
The day also came when the government announced a "decree of necessity and urgency": within 35 minutes start the total and compulsory isolation of the population begins until March 31.

Here is a comparison of the graph with statistics from a week ago and the one from moments ago. The figures have changed. And there are more red circles. I think I will move to Antarctica.
ZhLNhtr.png

HbHvkJ3.png

I HAVE seen some crazy snake oil salesmen coming out of the woodwork lately.

One evangelist was saying that faith would protect his congregation in one of those massive evangelical stadiums.
But he decided to call it off because if someone who didn't have enough faith got sick, then he would be blamed.
Another is apparently peddling a holy cure in a bottle that will supposedly protect the faithful. Ka-ching$$$

Many clerics in various countries are encouraging people to attend churches and mosques etc because their deity will protect them.
The ancient Arab saying comes to mind..."Trust in god, but always tether your camel". :unsure:

And then there are these idiots here is Oz.......

If faith protects against disease, then how do they explain the plague? Maybe they think people were not religious enough in the Middle Ages? An age known for massive religious zeal?

One thing I find really strange in the official statistics is to compare the numbers for China with those of Italy.

China reported about 80,000 cases in total, and they claim the outbreak is now ended in China.

At this moment, Italy reports half that, apprx. 40,000 cases, and many of those cases are still sick and we don't know how many of them will die.

But both these countries report nearly the same amount of deaths.

So the disease is more than twice as dangerous in Italy as in China. How can this be?

The Italians have the oldest population of Europe, but are they really that much older than the Chinese?

Udklip.PNG

My first reaction was that probably the Chinese lied about their number of deaths.

But then again, if you compare USA to Germany, you see that they currently have nearly the same amount of infections, but Germany only reports 44 dead, whereas the US is up to 217 already.

In this case, the numbers are quite comparable, since both countries report the same number of recoveries. But why is Covid-19 five times more deadly in the US than in Germany?

You make good points. But over 10% of the US deaths were in that long term assisted care facility for elderly in Washington state where 22 perons died. So you had all these elderly in close proximity, the most vulnerable group in a very confined area.

Oddly enough the first fatality in Kansas was an elderly male who was a resident in a long-term nursing facility owned by the same company as the Washington State cluster.

Last edited:

If faith protects against disease, then how do they explain the plague? Maybe they think people were not religious enough in the Middle Ages? An age known for massive religious zeal?

Yo, FGM'ers. While no lines about nor against religion have been crossed yet, I ask that we avoid bashing people of faith and their beliefs. There's other places on the web to do so instead. FGM doesn't need to become one of them. Thank you.

Stay safe and stay healthy, compadres.

Yo, FGM'ers. While no lines about nor against religion have been crossed yet, I ask that we avoid bashing people of faith and their beliefs. There's other places on the web to do so instead. FGM doesn't need to become one of them. Thank you.

Stay safe and stay healthy, compadres.

Roger that. No offense intended to anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back