Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory II: Empire Builders

Yo, @Rico - a round of Vikings for everyone then!

The Badger Kingdoms remain in the tenth century and advance into GERMANO-SARMATIA.
Viking 900-1045 AD versus Rus 960-1053 AD. North European Wooded.
Match created by Badger73 28-Jul-2020 12:00. Password = HailFGM

Eastern-Vikings-10th-11th-Centuries-by-Angus-McBride-208x300.jpg

I am stunned ... managed to scramble out a victory in GERMANO-SARMATIA for the "Golden Horde" against the so far near invincible BLUE generalissimo @Badger73 .

As the Rus managed a +22% victory and as Vikings a +6% victory -- two extremely brutal, no holds barred battles.

FOG-Empire Builders 020b.jpg

@Nelson1812 @Wellsonian -- How goes the fight for INSULAE ORIENTALIS ?

The battle for INSULAE ORIENTALIS rages on....

The Green Imperium won as the Byzantines +/- 26. The Red forces are attempting to return the favor in the second battle, which is winding down and approximately even. Despite my feelings going in, the Byzantines have put on a good show against the Vikings.

The Byzantines are so tricky to play, it's extra satisfying if something goes right :cool:

The contest for MAURETANIA is finished and the Emerald Empire's expansions endeth! Both brutal and bitter battles were barely won by the Badger Kingdoms. Color it blue, @Rico. Good games, @Wellsonian. Thank you.

The Badger Kingdoms march into MAXIMA SEQUANORUM when tribes of Teutones and Cimbri threatened Rome. Let's see if the Marian Reforms save the SPQR from barbarian onslaught.
Germanic Foot Tribes 105 BC-259 AD with Gallic Allies vs Roman 105-25 BC. Northern Europe Mountains.
Challenge created by @Badger73 9-Aug-2020 19:29. Password = HailFGM

We move along ...

MAURETANIA goes BLUE ... and some last turn rallies give the SPAHAN win to @Nelson1812 -- we both won one battle with +28%, but he inflicted higher casualties: 64% -- so SPAHAN goes read.

Next random battle draw -- same opponents:

BATTLE 1: MAXIMA SEQUANORUM - @Badger73 vs @Wellsonian -- Germanic Foot Tribes 105 BC-259 AD with Gallic Allies vs Roman 105-25 BC

BATTLE 2: RHODES - @Nelson1812 vs @Rico -- All Greeks

FOG-Empire Builders 022b.jpg

Last edited:
@Rico - The Blue Kingdoms seize MAXIMA SEQUANORUM. Thank you for two very good games, @Wellsonian!
@Badger73's Germanic Foot Tribes & Gallic Allies lose 30% while @Wellsonian's Romans lose 67%; =/- 37% to @Badger73.
@Wellsonian's Germanic Foot Tribes & Gallic Allies lose 64% while @Badger73's Romans lose 51%; =/- 13% to @Badger73.

Next, the Badger Kingdoms will march into FRISIA when Charlemagne puts to rest unruly peoples.
Saxon (Continental) 600-804 AD vs Frankish 751-887 AD. I'll create that challenge later today or sometime tomorrow. :shootero:

Next, the Badger Kingdoms will march into FRISIA when Charlemagne puts to rest unruly peoples.
Saxon (Continental) 600-804 AD vs Frankish 751-887 AD. I'll create that challenge later today or sometime tomorrow. :shootero:

Challenge created. Password = HailFGM
1597277946454.png

Very interesting Armies you just chose.....smack dab in the heart of the Dark Ages!

Yep, I wanted to stay with @Rico's intent and go with armies I've not played before that are historically rooted in each province's respective lands.
It's not as if Frisia was a crossroads of conquerors. The Age of Charlemagne were the only battles which came to mind (expect for Late Republican Romans which we just played against each other). :cool:

Challenge created. Password = HailFGM
View attachment 20461

Yep, I wanted to stay with @Rico's intent and go with armies I've not played before that are historically rooted in each province's respective lands.
It's not as if Frisia was a crossroads of conquerors. The Age of Charlemagne were the only battles which came to mind (expect for Late Republican Romans which we just played against each other). :cool:

Nice. Now I'm curious. I'm going to sift through TT and see what they offer in that time period

Back