Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Panzer Corps 2

Watched a few more You Tubes and I'm pretty sure I'm convinced. Take my money.
Depending on how random battles works this might, indeed, be adaptable to FGM battles. You paying attention @Rico? ;)
I too watched Norway and was totally unimpressed. The Norway battle in previous games was much, much larger as well as extremely difficult. This Norway? Meh.
I really like the up tick in the RPG aspect of the game. The heroes and other various units upgrades appeals to me a great deal.
The Historical Gamer just won the Battle of Sedan, on the last turn. He was extremely lucky. He's hilariously bad at this type of game. He repeatedly makes the same mistakes.
Keeping your vehicles loaded with enough fuel may be the number one tactical priority. THG ran out of fuel and was unable to bring up armor against the last objective. I don't know how much fuel one gets by not moving for a turn, but it is not 100%. IIRC there is a pre-game perk option that allows for more fuel. Something to seriously consider.

Watched a few more You Tubes and I'm pretty sure I'm convinced. Take my money.
Depending on how random battles works this might, indeed, be adaptable to FGM battles. You paying attention @Rico? ;)
I too watched Norway and was totally unimpressed. The Norway battle in previous games was much, much larger as well as extremely difficult. This Norway? Meh.
I really like the up tick in the RPG aspect of the game. The heroes and other various units upgrades appeals to me a great deal.
The Historical Gamer just won the Battle of Sedan, on the last turn. He was extremely lucky. He's hilariously bad at this type of game. He repeatedly makes the same mistakes.
Keeping your vehicles loaded with enough fuel may be the number one tactical priority. THG ran out of fuel and was unable to bring up armor against the last objective. I don't know how much fuel one gets by not moving for a turn, but it is not 100%. IIRC there is a pre-game perk option that allows for more fuel. Something to seriously consider.
What? Who? Me?

I was a late comer to the OOB series and am enjoying that at the moment. PzC2 looks remarkably similar.
Being a NATO counter guy I'm not 100% convinced that graphical counters are adding that much to the game. But if it brings new players to the genre, why not.

This is now available for pre-release purchase @ a 15% discount.
Even then the price makes my eyes water.
I suspect I'll wait this one out for 6 months or so.
-----

This is now available for pre-release purchase @ a 15% discount.
Even then the price makes my eyes water.
I suspect I'll wait this one out for 6 months or so.
-----
You could always wait until the summer Steam sale...just saying.

It’s no more expensive than a Grigsby’s monster game...

After watching some more You Tube I realized I was going to get this so went ahead and purchased the pre-release version.
I was kinda hoping I'd get to play it in its current condition, but no. Darn.
However, if you buy it now you do get the 15% discount so there's that.
Release date of 03-19 is getting closer.

I'm kinda tempted. Asking price is steep, even with 15% discount - but it is for the Field Marshall Edition.

How has the experience been so far for those who jumped in?

I'm kinda tempted. Asking price is steep, even with 15% discount - but it is for the Field Marshall Edition.

How has the experience been so far for those who jumped in?
dunno yet... I cant play it for another 4 days still :/

Well you're right it was kind of... apparently for a period Of 2 days you could have played the beta version and then access would have stopped...
I didn't bother with that though I'm just going to wait until I can download and install the game :)

Yeah, I'm ready too!
Just watched a You Tube vid for the Norway Scenario. OMG. Does anyone remember the original PG Norway scenario?
It just gave me fits. In PG the map was much bigger and the terrain harder to move through. Objectives were very far apart and the British naval presence a major threat. It took expert use of the German forces and their paras to get a "major" victory. It kept me awake several nights and multiple tries before success.
However, in PC2 it is easy. The person playing it is a bit of a tactical moron and he had several turns left as he stumbled his way through it. There is almost no naval action so the German invasion of the north is simple. The terrain presents no problems at all.
Hmm. He was playing on average difficulty. Unlike most war games; difficulty levels are determined by prestige allotment. The next highest level reduces a players prestige acquisition by 30%. That seems a bit harsh for one level. I guess we will all find out.

Back