Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Red Thunder (CM Eastern Front)

Ooooooh ... Stukas.... mmmh. :D

I'll place my order when the download version becomes available ... shipping costs otherwise kill me. :eek:

Me too on the download version: the local taxes and add on fees make a hard copy uneconomic. I'd happily advance order and pay for a download only version to help support BF: not sure why they don't let you do that ...

Me too on the download version: the local taxes and add on fees make a hard copy uneconomic. I'd happily advance order and pay for a download only version to help support BF: not sure why they don't let you do that ...

I think the pre-orders give them an idea of how many CD's to put into the original production run.
I'd also be happy to pre-order the download version.

I think the pre-orders give them an idea of how many CD's to put into the original production run.
I'd also be happy to pre-order the download version.

Same here! And rather yesterday then tomorrow ;)

Don't worry (@Strachwitz).. even if i like playing Axis as first choice, we will no doubt have great battles on the Eastern Front..
Will buy it of course... and i would also preorder it if option was available for downladable version.

I don't get it.

In Vietnam, the upper most 5 frequencies on our radios were never used for tactical operations, so those of us with radios, used them to Bullshit with each other, or on occasion transmit music from our cassettes or transistor radios. Bootie and I have a PM channel we use to talk on, and we call it the 'Bullshit Frequency', much as we did in the Nam.

In Vietnam, the upper most 5 frequencies on our radios were never used for tactical operations, so those of us with radios, used them to Bullshit with each other, or on occasion transmit music from our cassettes or transistor radios. Bootie and I have a PM channel we use to talk on, and we call it the 'Bullshit Frequency', much as we did in the Nam.

Ah, now i understand. Thanks for explaining.

Looking forward to this one. To kill a bit of time, which Soviet tank (included in Red Thunder) do you think was the most effective?

I'm thinking the t-34 85 just edges the JS II on account of its speed and quicker reload time - or will its 85mm shells be bouncing off the big cats' hulls?

Regarding the RoF changes, Steve from BFC said this:

What it means is that the RoF varies more depending on circumstances and (I think) a bit randomly. For example, "final defensive fire" should be higher. I haven't tested it myself so I can't say exactly what you'll notice.

Steve

(Me again) This might mean that morale states and experience play into it as well as the combat environment, a la "Commies are in the wire!".

But I guess there will be of course some guys willing to play the russian side...
I will happily play the Russians, while swilling vodka and sending my pixeltruppen into battle on the back of a T-34/85, then have yhem jumping off and flaming everything in site, while the whole time telling me via the command and control lines that my glass is empty and needs a refill... :)

Is it a date Strachwitz??????

@Fredrocker

Ah you know I could tell you are just an old romantic FR.

Shucks, you and your flaming pixeltruppen and vodka swilling - you are getting me all emotional here...

I too have succumbed to need to find a little more room in the east... Preordered.

Pre-ordered the moment I finished reading the announcement. Been waiting for this for a long time. My life is complete now... :)

LOL, I asked my wife to delay my Christmas gift this year, for this! And Christmas has come.

LOL! :)

There is a new video on YT about Red Thunder:

I've been testing some RT scenarios and playing around in the editor a bit, and I can tell you you won't be disappointed! To me, the 3.0 changes are not just incremental, but exponential, in regard to the flexibility in scenario design and game play. Can hardly wait until they upgrade CMMG to it.

Back