Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Red Thunder (CM Eastern Front)

I've been testing some RT scenarios and playing around in the editor a bit, and I can tell you you won't be disappointed! To me, the 3.0 changes are not just incremental, but exponential, in regard to the flexibility in scenario design and game play. Can hardly wait until they upgrade CMMG to it.

I'm assuming you referring to "triggers"? When I saw that on the features list, I was like "Wow"! That will make a big difference in scenario flexibility.

Triggers are probably the biggest, but with flame throwers and many new units,some UI changes and things, it seems to be a real change-up. Speaking of triggers, I still don't know how to do them--I am just a lowly scenario tester--but I am pretty certain I've already been the subject of at least one in the scenario I'm currently playing. I got a platoon on a certain objective, and next turn new Russkie units were both moving up on my flank and heading to seal off my breakthrough. I think I'm gonna lose this one!

Triggers are probably the biggest, but with flame throwers and many new units,some UI changes and things, it seems to be a real change-up. Speaking of triggers, I still don't know how to do them--I am just a lowly scenario tester--but I am pretty certain I've already been the subject of at least one in the scenario I'm currently playing. I got a platoon on a certain objective, and next turn new Russkie units were both moving up on my flank and heading to seal off my breakthrough. I think I'm gonna lose this one!
Looking forward to checking this all out myself. On another note, I noticed you are from Wisconsin. So am I. Small world.

O
Looking forward to checking this all out myself. On another note, I noticed you are from Wisconsin. So am I. Small world.
Oddly enough, I too am from Wisconsin, Madison and Kenosha areas concurrently.

Tank riders - that was my favourite way of play in CMBB time - conquer and hold :)

Hi Millerzeit, how 're you enjoying the weather around here lately?

As I mentioned to enigma, I'm up for beers and burgers sometime when the weather starts cooperating.

I can't await to play this one! :)

But it seems that Battlefront is using the animation graphics "driver" for several tank riders... - and that looks really crappy. Unfortunately! o_O
Please sit on your chair right now as if you were driving a truck or something, with one foot on the gas pedal and your hands on the steering wheel...
- would you sit on a tank in that way...??? Who has such ideas...???? :eek: :D :confused:

The movements and animations of the soldiers in CMx2 are often so unnatural that they are looking like mentally retarded/handicapped people... :(
This is a big minus about the game in general (IMHO).

@Shorker: The tankriders in this video look like they were sitting on the pot to take a dump! I hope this wont be the final version but just a kind of beta. On the other hand I don't care to much about the graphics as long as the gameplay feels alright. So lets give a shit about the posture...:D

@Shorker: The tankriders in this video look like they were sitting on the pot to take a dump! I hope this wont be the final version but just a kind of beta. On the other hand I don't care to much about the graphics as long as the gameplay feels alright. So lets give a shit about the posture...:D
Roger! :D

I agree ... gameplay is the highest priority here.

OK, mates - the gameplay of CM is outstanding - but please don't forget: Human beings are recognizing their environment/the world by 80% through their visual sense -> the eyes.
And it is called a "video" game -> the source for this word is in Latin (the antique Roman language) "video" means "I am looking". ;)

And to my biggest regret - in comparison to other games (like e.g. "Men of War"/ "Codename Panzers"/Jagged Alliance Back in Action) - Combat Mission simply doesn't look good in many regards/levels/sectors.

:( I wished I could already play Combat Mission Version 3 x3 or CMx4 though. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry Shork! I am sure BF will come out with a couple HD graphic packs that they will only charge you 59.99 for. Oh, and if you still want to play PBEM you will have to make sure your opponent has all the same packs or the shit will not work. You could always do a dual install on your machine though. Just do not mess up your activations because you only have so many before your game becomes a coaster. ughh. Ok I quit. Worthless post I know.

OK, mates - the gameplay of CM is outstanding - but please don't forget: Human beings are recognizing their environment/the world by 80% through their visual sense -> the eyes.
And it is called a "video" game -> the source for this word is in Latin (the antique Roman language) "video" means "I am looking". ;)

And to my biggest regret - in comparison to other games (like e.g. "Men of War"/ "Codename Panzers"/Jagged Alliance Back in Action) - Combat Mission simply doesn't look good in many regards/levels/sectors.

:( I wished I could already play Combat Mission Version 3 x3 or CMx4 though. :p

I could not disagree more on that.

Back