Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round 5

SlySniper

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Match ups for our final round

For the first time, we will have 8 players with a chance to win the Tournament going into the final Round.

In the past the two top players have dueled it out in the final round to take the crown.

But Our two top players have already played each other and split their battle in a draw and both received 80 points.

So they will now be playing other challengers for the final round.

If by chance, they both lose their match. then one of the 6 players from the next tier of scores will slip in and take the title.

So plenty on the line for many of the battles as we roll into the final battle.

RD 5.jpg

Last edited:
File with Spoogles is set up and ready to go. Looking forward to messing around with the Kiwi's, and trying out attacking for once. ;)

Match ups for our final round

For the first time, we will have 8 players with a chance to win the Tournament going into the final Round.

View attachment 29879
Hi @SlySniper, you’ve said that 8 players are in with a shot at winning, but with @Cargol and @MeatEtr paired up, even if Meat gets the minimum 80 point win, then he finishes on 263 which effectively means only the current top four players can win the tournament. Sorry to put a spanner in the works

To give them all a true shot at winning they’d each need to play someone outside of top eight. Just saying

ok, thanks for the correction.

true if the top two both lose, then you would have to be within 20 points of Meatetr to have a chance to Beat him.

so that would leave JTimo as the only other player with a chance.

So only 4 players with a chance.

Last edited:
As for Match ups, If you are Meatetr and you need the top two to lose, then who better than to play against them yourself.

Plus my system for match ups. I create six pools of players, as the Tournament progresses. You are generally matched against someone doing similar to you from the pool you are pulling from for that round.

Not perfect , but works pretty well.

As for lethaface having a softer opponant, previous opponants and how well they are doing is also somewhat a factor. Since he has already played Cargol and Meatetr, the first and 3 placed players. Thus the reason he is matched up with a mid level player from the pool of players he was to match up to.

Beleive me when I say, I put more effort into getting the matchups than I likely should.

But the System I am using does seem to work pretty well. Since this is the forth Tournament now I have done with it. And I have seen the final results reflect the true level of the players very well.

I dont see good players on the lower sections of the list or poor players mixed in the top portions of the list. So it does a decent job of reflecting where ones skill level is at.

Y
File with Spoogles is set up and ready to go. Looking forward to messing around with the Kiwi's, and trying out attacking for once. ;)
yes, another challenge i to give everyone a mixture of attacker and defender. With hopefully 3 of one type 2 of the other.

With you being added late in the tournament, number of players. peaple dropping out. there can be a chance of that ratio not always happening. but again its designed to do it.

Problem is, I am working in a system where because of the constant change of who is playing , who is not. It gets messy. So again , I just try to do the best I can.

As for Match ups, If you are Meatetr and you need the top two to lose, then who better than to play against them yourself.

Plus my system for match ups. I create six pools of players, as the Tournament progresses. You are generally matched against someone doing similar to you from the pool you are pulling from for that round.

Not perfect , but works pretty well.

As for lethaface having a softer opponant, previous opponants and how well they are doing is also somewhat a factor. Since he has already played Cargol and Meatetr, the first and 3 placed players. Thus the reason he is matched up with a mid level player from the pool of players he was to match up to.

Beleive me when I say, I put more effort into getting the matchups than I likely should.

But the System I am using does seem to work pretty well. Since this is the forth Tournament now I have done with it. And I have seen the final results reflect the true level of the players very well.

I dont see good players on the lower sections of the list or poor players mixed in the top portions of the list. So it does a decent job of reflecting where ones skill level is at.
It is not ideal I 'decided' to have problems / go AWOL in this situation.

Anyway I felt that the level of players has improved perhaps; I know Stafford to be a good player, he was a bit unlucky in our match. Besides that Cargol, Horza and MeatEtr all have been strong opponents with great hardfought battles which could have gone either way.

whenever the dropbox folder is created. I place a file in there that is ready for the attacker to do their setup.

Sometimes the defender might set up the drop box, it does not matter who sets it up. But when I am generating the files, I do them all the same. So in this one its the attackers turn.

Back