Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Round 5

@Raging Al took out a bunch of my patrolling guys. First contact though was an artillery barrage that took out some of my important stuff and I cannot find the guys that made the call. Grrrr

Next few turns should have some drama though.
After 15 turns of avoiding contact whilst searching for those supply lorries, the first proper firefight was a bit of a shock. From @A Canadian Cat’s comments, it sounds like my boys have just stirred the hornets nest! This battle definitely has a different feel to it than what’s gone previously.

Any Kiwi that manages to drop arty on enemy base supplies and not get spotted has done a good job.

Any Kiwi that manages to attack a base with a patrol (has some kind of lucky charm) to get that close and to win the fire fights.
(and yes I have seen it happen)

As for fire fights, yes there sure is a different feel. Every man, grenade and bullit matters in this one.

The battle before this was nothing like that.

It appears all battles are running smoothly.

2 battles are in the last stages
3 are half way
5 are a third of the way
and only one battle appears to be running slow.

No major firefights have occurred until now in our battle, but plenty of small ones. And I've been trying to put 'long range' fires onto any sneaky Kiwi my Italians observed. We're almost at 2/3 of the battle so I'm expecting some more heat developing over the last 1/3.

Update
One battle completed.
8 addaitional battles are over 1/2 way
2 slower battles

I looked in and peeked at most of the battles. (First time I have done it for this battle as for all battles)

I am glad to see many kiwi players are finding targets and are managing to get arty on targets.
Some Italion players have tried to be pro active with their own patrols and listening post.
Some getting somewhat lucky others not so much.

The little fire fights crack me up.
Some kiwi players have managed to get units right next to command areas. They think they are the dirty dozen or something, been watching too many war movies.

Anyway, seems most battles have become somewhat interesting for the players.
This battle reminds me more of my actually time in the service.
Most of my field exspearences was along these lines more than anything else.
More hide and seek than anything else and if you are the one moving,
you are just waiting to run into a ambush because its the nature of the beast.

Do we get to hear how the first battle finished up, or is that hush hush until we’ve all completed the battle, in case of spoilers?

No , do not like to give spoilers. We try to keep you all in the dark
But then on the other hand I sometimes do give very small ones.

All I will say is it appears enough Kiwis are doing a pretty good job with their mission task.

It will be interesting to see who wins and loses as for the top 1/2 of each group.

@mirekm61 has been having a fair amount of success against me with his sneaky kiwis. They seem to be way better at spotting me than I am spotting his units. He has certainly taken a toll so far though I have manage to exact some revenge. I think we have 8 minutes left. How they play out will be pretty crucial.

Another fun scenario!!!!!

FYI I will be out of town tomorrow through Sunday so it will be a bit before we finish.

Our game isn't the most interesting yet, but that might also partly be due to my execution. Given my situation that wasn't necessarily a bad thing though, good news is that it is improving although not 'there' yet.

@A Canadian Cat and I have just finished. Not sure if Ian has viewed the final turn yet, so I won’t mention results, but from a Kiwi perspective that was quite a fun little search and destroy/hit and run type battle. Fair play to @SlySniper for coming up with this one.

ok, I'm back. have a tan once more and feel good

Looking at things here.
We have 4 battles completed, 2 more are on the verge of being done.

4 battles in the 40's as to file number

and one still lagging behind.

I will do the results when the 4 on the 40's now complete their games. so likely a couple of weeks to go.

for the 4 completed battles, here is the present order, so some of you can sweat.

best Kiwi: Raging AI (with a nice lead)
nextL: Hilts

Best Italian : Gunner (also with a nice lead)
next: bleskaceq

but I sence many battles might end about the same as the 2 middle battles finished right now. (so the door is open as to where things fall for many players., including our leader)

Back