Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Got to remember, Combat Mission is a THREE DIMENSIONAL battlefield! @Rico took the inner compound, but I failed to recognize the threat the 2 story buildings could pose. His troops are now pouring rifle grenades on my Pixeltruppen!
PG 16.JPG

Okay, this turn's battles are a wrap...

BATTLE 1: Kampfgruppe Fritz captures the PONTE GALLIANO sector after a hard fight amongst the vineyards and the defending Natal Carabineers pull back to ABRIOLA to regroup. (losing 1 strength pip)

BATTLE 2: Kampfgruppe Steiner's attack on CAPRACOTTA is repulsed by the 1st Btn Scots Guards -- the German attackers pull back to CORVINO to regroup. (losing 1 strength pip)

ZZJ5MP0.jpg

Stay tuned for the next round of moves/countermoves and battles.

Last edited:
We move right along... next movement and attack orders are in and processed...

mini-camp Turn 4B.jpg

From north to south:

1. 1st Btn Kampfgruppe Steiner has another crack at the CAPPRACOTTA sector and the 1st Btn Scots Guards to try and unhinge the Allied line.

2. The Natal Carabineers move south to a reserve position at AVIGLIANO.

3. 2nd Btn 24 RCT attacks CAMPIGNOLA with 2nd Btn Kampfgruppe Fritz intent on doing better than the Waffen SS units of SS Btn Becker at halting the unrelenting US advance in the south.

Last edited:
The Germans are taking another crack at capturing the Capracotta sector! My Pixeltruppen are dug-in to defend against @Rico's initial barrage and will hold this important sector!
A German HQ or forward observer team have been sighted gathering intel on my positions.
C2 1.JPG

Here's the Allied view of the Campignola battlefield. Too easy! Just have to cross through multiple grapevine fields (which channelize infantry movements), tons of trees (which conceal my Pixeltruppen as well as the Axis), a water obstacle, a bridge (probably mined and/or sighted-in by AT assets), multistory stone buildings, tons of rock walls for Axis troops to hide behind and good fields of fire for the Axis after I cross the river....
Camp 1.JPG

Here's the Allied view of the Campignola battlefield. Too easy! Just have to cross through multiple grapevine fields (which channelize infantry movements), tons of trees (which conceal my Pixeltruppen as well as the Axis), a water obstacle, a bridge (probably mined and/or sighted-in by AT assets), multistory stone buildings, tons of rock walls for Axis troops to hide behind and good fields of fire for the Axis after I cross the river....
View attachment 19244

Piece of cake ... looks a bit like the Ponte Galliano battle in reverse ... ;) you know it's gonna be a tough day at the office for the defenders when literally the second round of the enemy prep mortar barrage lands right in the middle of an infantry squad, wiping it out. Can only get better from there... LOL

Last edited:
Impressive screenshots guys, I think I never saw pictures of CM like this, I doubt very much, to have a similar view with my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series I know this is old but, I have to make a choice in the family a good graphic card or a good vacum cleaner, but a question don t cost me nothing, any ideas about my graphics and the famous reshade?
thanks in advance to your reply !

My scouts advance at the Campignola battle.
Camp 2.JPG

Spotted an Axis AT asset.
Camp 3.JPG

Allied defenses are holding at CAPPRACOTTA. The hills are lousey with Axis troops!
C2 3.JPG
C2 4.JPG

A lucky HE round from one of my AT guns has scored a direct hit on this enemy squad.
C2 2.JPG

Impressive screenshots guys, I think I never saw pictures of CM like this, I doubt very much, to have a similar view with my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series I know this is old but, I have to make a choice in the family a good graphic card or a good vacum cleaner, but a question don t cost me nothing, any ideas about my graphics and the famous reshade?
thanks in advance to your reply !
Well, if it was me, the vacuum would come second, BUT I don't have a wife to answer to, LOL.
For my CM experience, I turn up the graphic settings and play on a 4k TV(3840 X 2160). CM really does look great at a higher resolution, especially with graphic MODs
Re-shade is something I'm looking into. Has potential to make the game look even better.

Well, if it was me, the vacuum would come second, BUT I don't have a wife to answer to, LOL.
For my CM experience, I turn up the graphic settings and play on a 4k TV(3840 X 2160). CM really does look great at a higher resolution, especially with graphic MODs
Re-shade is something I'm looking into. Has potential to make the game look even better.

I think @Paleolithic Monk 's extra high resolution allows him to spot all my AT guns so easily. ;) :shocknaz:

Well well this is my second wife and I found her far away, I couldn't foresee...:giggle:
Resolution on pc is only 1920 1080 when I compare with your over 3000 of over 2000 I understand and effectivly on the Tv is the solution !

Perhaps He has also a webcam taking having a view your troops from behind, we never know exaclty with the new technology !

Interresting Fight I wish I could follow live !

Campignola is continuing to be a puzzle to attack with the grape vines and terrain. @Rico has his defenders taking advantage of the plethora of stone walls.
Camp 4.JPG

The Capracotta battle is in full swing now! Taking advantage of an artillery barrage on my center lines, the Germans are launching an all-out push across open terrain.
C2 5.JPG
C2 6.JPG

And German armor has revealed itself as a tandem team of killers creeping up through the trees and brush!
C2 7.JPG

That gun crew was so fixed on blasting German Pixeltruppen advancing down the center, they lost focus on covering my left flank! I gave them a face order, but really should have given them an armor arc command.

Back