Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The FGM Motorcycle Thread

You might think I am joking (and I am), but there is a bit of a distinction between your typical modern Harley Davidson rider and a Sportster rider.
My father in law loved his sportster. He rode all sorts of bikes and had several Harleys over the years but the one bike he held onto for the longest was his sporty. That man was the most genuine "biker" I've ever met. I keep his pocket watch in my leather jacket so that he can keep on riding from the grave.

Some light entertainment ........

PS.......Hammond needs to learn how to put a bike on the stand before he puts his back out (trust me, I know, being only 5ft 8 and having learned by owning an 1150GS and several RT's too).

Steve

Last edited:
Bought my first Harley. Found a 96 FXDL that hasn't been modded all to hell. It does need a couple little things but nothing major. I should have it late next week, got some paperwork that needs to be mailed back and forth. Once that's done it will shipped from MI to MA.

Bought my first Harley. Found a 96 FXDL that hasn't been modded all to hell. It does need a couple little things but nothing major. I should have it late next week, got some paperwork that needs to be mailed back and forth. Once that's done it will shipped from MI to MA.

Congrats - looking forward to seeing some photos.

Steve

Went for a 20 mile ride today. Didn't get killed. Filled the gas tank for the first time. The "low fuel" indicator is functional. Win.

So just how big was the stupid grin on yer face then ( just a tad jealous)

Some pics of the bike I bought. I don't care for the snake on the front fender at all. It will be off the bike and at the painters within days.

The shipping company was supposed to pick it up on the 30th but excuses keep getting in the way of progress. I should have just flown there and rode it back to MA.
20200501_162630.jpg20200501_162638.jpg20200501_162646.jpg20200501_162730.jpg

Went for another ride today. I need a solo bag and a sissy bar, so I can carry some cargo (backpack tied via bungee cords to the sissy bar). I would also like some highway pegs, if not full forward controls.

My lines are starting to get better.

Back