Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Battle Brothers -- bloody addictive game

Sigmund the Savage has had a good career of late, even got fitted with some very spiffy suit of armor taken off a Hedge Knight ... and his combat record is pretty impressive too. :cool:

QJUi046.jpg

Holy crap!

View attachment 14720View attachment 14721

Ahem. Um, yes. I have conferred with my men, and after much discussion, we have decided, that, yes, you may join our mercenary group. Welcome aboard.

Sign him up!! If he survives, he eventually leaves after a while when he feels he's done his quest and leaves his gear behind for you to use.

I once had a crusader like this guy and once an Orc Killer with huge war hammer join up.

Mean Moffo ... Nelson The Nobody... was a poor, insignificant farmhand when we hired him in the early days into the ranks of the Orc Gutters ... but he developed some serious skills with a crossbow and survived to stack up incredible battle and kill stats.
Currently sporting one my fave weapons pilfered from a recently deceased Goblin overseer ... a Spiked Impaler crossbow... a truly nasty piece of kit hitting opponents with a satisfying crunch and a punch that'll even knock back an Orc :D

Also carries a noble sword and shield for close up work (like when the Goblin Wolf-feckin'-bastard-riders circle round the back of the battle line ... and a long axe for smashing skeleton warrior/legions shields from behind the shield wall)

4Cz8Cl6.jpg

Last edited:
My longest-surviving veteran member of the Orc Gutters is this guy, Eniced the Eunuch ... originally hired because he was cheap and we desperately needed men (loosely speaking) to fill the spearwall in the early days (and the snapped carrot icon for eunuchs just cracks me up) , he survived and eventually became the group's standard bearer with an excellent battle record. He eventually lost an eye to a goblin arrow and has to be swopped out for night engagements as he can't see shit once the sun goes down. (and he has a bit of a drinking problem ... but probably understandable in his chosen profession) The battle standard is also a polearm/pike and quite deadly in the right hands. He also carries a noble sword and a kite shield for when the rain of arrows or bolts gets to thick!

wln2693.jpg

One of the heavy flank guards of the battle line, Volker The Thief -- as the name implies, a common thief on the run from the law when we signed him up to the Orc Gutters ... turned out to be very fit and one of the first guys strong enough to wear heavy armour and a posh closed helmet we took off some bandit leader.
Quite handy with that war hammer and also gets to wear the Orc-trophy necklace that protects against stun and Orc ramming attacks. He does have a drawback, despite his strength, a bit of a bleeder ... and has spent quite some time recovering from wounds in the hospital tent from time to time.

3Bgsm5M.jpg

Another veteran, operating mostly in the Orc Gutter's 2nd line on the flank, is Lehr The Lumberjack -- a kid from the woods who got tired of chopping trees and decided chopping heads was a more fulfilling career.
A wizard with the long axe ... smashing shields or severing heads ... having Orc Warriors come crashing down like old-growth oak trees... it's all in a day's work for young Lehr.

Heavy armour essential, as he's a primary target for enemy crossbowmen ... a military cleaver for close up blade & shield work. That cleaver is pretty good at severing and ...well, cleaving bodies, heads and limbs. too.

HKbYbMC.jpg

For a front row, shield wall fighter to survive any length of time is quite unusual (rookies in the shield wall are affectionately known as arrow catchers), and Ferdinand The Gravedigger is one such unusual individual.

For the record, the Orc Gutters, a group I have been running on and off since late Jan this year, have seen 112 comrades fall in action... and that doesn't include half a dozen or so let go because of debilitating, permanent injuries)

Blessed with an iron jaw, tough as nails and a real survivor ... leaving his morbid profession and joining mercenary band, he survived to become a stalwart anchoring the center of the spear & shield wall and then dishing out pain and misery with that one-handed battle axe of his, eventually earning the right to wear some high-grade armour and helmet. So often in the thick of battle, but has managed to miraculously avoid any permanent or disfiguring injuries... so far.

ci2ymDR.jpg

The second eunuch in the ranks of the Orc Gutters (no pattern here -- there's only been two and they have proved real survivors) is the veteran Erik The Eunuch.
He is the group's senior archer -- an artist with the war bow, notching up an incredible kill ratio: 345 in 241 battles ... known to take down three opponents in one turn once settled down and has the range. (the beserker perk essential for this)
Funny thing is, Erik actually started as a shield wall guy... then a javelin chucker and then took over when another archer bit the dust... and his true talents were allowed to shine!

He is also in charge of the Orc Gutter's scouting falcon which can be released to spot hidden enemies from the air... and carries an ancient warscythe (taken off an ancient skeleton honour guard) for when cut and slash work is called for to support the front rankers.
He's also expert at dodging incoming enemy arrows and bolts and has hardly been hit or injured throughout his career -- mostly when Orc have broken through the battle line or those Goblin Wolf-fecking-rider-bastards outflank the line or we've faced those teleporting undead guys whose name now escapes me... and the shite really hits the fan. (Edit: Necrosavants - that's them)

48hQC5y.jpg

Last edited:
Battle scarred ,drunkard and not the sharpest dagger in the armoury ... Mad Mike The Militiaman decided to leave the local town militia for the glamour of the mercenary life and signed up with the Orc Gutters as a pike man, first wielding an ordinary pike and then upgrading to the billhook.
160 battles later he's lost a finger and an ear... but never the taste for ale and wine -- in fact, whenever the Orc Gutter's make a morale-boosting visit to a village or town tavern, Mad Mike is guaranteed to get hammered and has fought many a battle without knowing if the ringing inside his head is from a hangover... or enemy blows to his helmet.
He's actually quite stupid... slow to learn new skills, but good at taking orders -- point him in the direction of an enemy and he'll know what to do...

x2tgSsM.jpg

Damn it @Rico you're making it incredibly difficult to stick to my resolution of NOT buying any (non CM related) games this year!!!! (this is Zinzan's idea of a compliment BTW)

Holy crap, those guys have amassed a incredible amount of kills.

It's taken quite a long time of careful nurture to get them that far ... about 120 of their comrades in arms didn't make it along the way.
A bit of saving, staying out of noble wars and lots of retreating from bad battle situations and carefully picking missions and a LOT of luck along the way helped .

Oh wow, those are some tough veterans, although it's quite weird that you haven't equipped you guys with named items, do you sell them? I bought this game at the beta state I think, and play it from time to time. Gotta say, it's good fun!

@Unfriendly - Not helping o_O :mad: :p

Damn it @Rico you're making it incredibly difficult to stick to my resolution of NOT buying any (non CM related) games this year!!!!

P.S. Above is also meant to be a humerous compliment - this message brought to you by the compliance and monitoring dept of my mind (That'd be me :cool: )

Oh wow, those are some tough veterans, although it's quite weird that you haven't equipped you guys with named items, do you sell them? I bought this game at the beta state I think, and play it from time to time. Gotta say, it's good fun!

I haven't come across many on this map so far ... not sure why.

Saw the odd named armors for sale but didn't have the cash to get them ... capturing them has eluded me so far ... this map is uncrawling with locations with "plethoras' of undead and ancient legionairies.
This morning over coffee decided to do a quick convoy mission, got hit by an Undead group with 14 ancient legionairies and 8 Ancient honour guards and a couple of armored wiedergangers (zombies) thrown ... had my heavy hitters in reserve resting and patching up kit ... so made a run for it. needless to say ... the convoy merchants were not too happy (actually they were dead), but no crowns are worth that.

Last edited:
Back