Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Game of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer

I admit, I used the capabilities of my 58 inch 4k tv to their fullest extent, jacking up the brightness to max. Only then did I start to enjoy it.
The best part, for me a book reader, is that the book series ending is clearly going to be quite different IMHO. That is, if good ole’ George rediscovers his work ethic.

@Wellsonian Thanks. I had totally forgotten about that scene. Warmed my heart to watch it again.

As for the argument that most of episode 3 was too dark.....did you guys watch it in a dark room? I find that helps tremendously. But yes, monitors that are able to display black properly are certainly an advantage.

I admit, I used the capabilities of my 58 inch 4k tv to their fullest extent, jacking up the brightness to max. Only then did I start to enjoy it.
The best part, for me a book reader, is that the book series ending is clearly going to be quite different IMHO. That is, if good ole’ George rediscovers his work ethic.

G.R.R. Martin asks Stephen King how he writes so fast.

The short answer: he works at it, 3 or 4 hours a day, almost every day.

Sorry, the only Games of Throne episodes I saw was in season one and some prince and princess were having incestuous relations and the prince shoved Liam Neeson’s sonoff the tower as he was peeping the going’s on. I saw part of another episode where some blond gal got forcibly married to a barbarian dude and part of another where some drunken vertically challenged fellow was having drunken ribald relations with a woman of loose morals. I guess I missed the episodes with the games and/ or the thrones..

HOA-KSOP aka ksbearski aka Barry

That would be in each of the three episodes I have seen parts of. No thrones, no games, a lot of boobs and swords...

This guy echoes my sentiments; "ARE YOU F************* KIDDING ME!!!"

"Plot armor and deus ex machinas have reached a point which is even ridiculous for Hollywood. GoT is dead. "

What do we say to good writing? "Not today"

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy echoes my sentiments; "ARE YOU F************* KIDDING ME!!!"

He makes some good points, but let's be real, Cersi and the politics and motives of the characters are far more interesting than the white walkers or the night king. I'm glad they wrapped up the white walker plot. Now we get three episodes of more interesting stuff, IMO (hopefully with better lighting). Watched it again last night with my wife, BTW.

Anyway, if you watch the trailer for episode 4, you see two dragons flying together, which means Rhaegal, in fact, survived.

Back