Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

New Gaming PC build advice asked

That is the liquid cooler I put in my new build

Motherboard

video card (my plan was to get two but only running one currently)

CPU

Ram ( the plan is to double this when I add second card )

I think I'm going to go about this by buying a piece or two at a time. First thing I need to decide on is a case, then a power supply. I have decided not to bother with a 4k monitor at this time. I'll be keeping my current monitor, mechanical keyboard, and mouse.

Liquid cooler is east to setup, its lust a radiator with lines that go to the CPU cooler.
Other than a cranky fan sometimes its very quiet

here is the case I put it in.

Liquid cooler is east to setup, its lust a radiator with lines that go to the CPU cooler.
Other than a cranky fan sometimes its very quiet

here is the case I put it in.

Thank you. That is exactly the kind of computer case I like, simple and elegant. No Disco Inferno for me,. ;-)

How do you guys setup your windows so that the C: drive doesnt fill up with all kinds of unwanted junk? Seems like I cant avoid it filling up no matter where I want my cookies to go.

Ok, I went ahead and ordered that case and this power supply:

Total spent so far on this build: $320

Purchased another couple of odds and ends.....

Wife has been after me to clean out our "office"...... I'm taking 11 days off mid August, so plan to do just that.

Here is a review of the case I ordered, on @sspoom 's recommendation:

Love those quick release SSD drive mounts in the back. @sspoom , where did you mount the radiator for your liquid CPU cooler? I'm still trying to decide between liquid cooling VS just going with a:

Received the case, power supply, and new desk today. Plan to put the desk together next week. Wife will be happy about that, as my current "desk" is one of those tables with the foldout legs like you might find in a convention hall, lol.

Like I said, in a couple of weeks I'll have 11 days off, and I would really like to do the build during that time. Next up, I need to pick out a CPU, GPU, MB, and cooler. I think I'm going to come in under $2.5k, even with the desk and chair.

Back