Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Rambler's Gallery

On behalf of the Straya Wasteland Travel Commission, we welcome you to our little slice of paradise! We have exotic locales and many activities that will satisfy even the most demanding tourist. Here are some things you can expect to see and do during your stay here. It's fun the whole family can enjoy!

Meet roving war bands on The Great White! While they may appear fearsome and threaten to peel the flesh from your body faster than you can say wallaby, they're quite likeable blokes once you get to know them. Pictured below is one of their many stylish war chariots you will encounter.
RsqQqaN.jpg

Our most popular activity is camp visits. Hone your hand to hand combat skills in a myriad of challenging situations! Satisfy your inner pyromaniac by using jerry cans full of fuel to blow things up! Find all sorts of curious items you can acquire to your heart's content!
Ko75B0m.jpg

If that doesn't interest you, take your rental car* on leisurely drives through the barren wastes! Who knows what interesting things you might find or people you may encounter!
ktNUdJt.jpg

0VXBSyh.jpg

*A friendly hunchback tour guide is supplied with every rental. No extra fee required.

Experience one of our fierce sandstorms! If one surprises you while you're out and about, there are plenty of rotting ship hulks on the wastes to take cover in and avoid flying debris. If caught in the open, don't expect to survive for long!
TXeInwL.jpg

We also offer many scenic landmarks that afford those perfect photographic moments you and your family will cherish forever!
cAFGP3Y.jpg

Do you spend the majority of your commute to work fed up with your fellow drivers and raging behind the wheel? Take heart! In the Straya Wasteland, you are free to release your anger and eliminate any crazy driver you may run across! One satisfied tourist repeatedly rammed his car into another until it blew up with the occupant inside! His visit feedback to us included the picture below with the following note, "I've never felt more relaxed in my life! Now, when I'm stuck in traffic, all I have to do is remember my time here and I can feel the tension in me ease. Keep up the good work!"
51dDiMe.jpg

Finally, what travel brochure is complete without a section on how to say "hello" to the Strayan Wastelanders you will meet? Here is a little pictorial guide to get you acquainted with our friendly ways!

1. Everyone likes a kiss. Wastelanders are no different! Don't be bashful when given the opportunity to give us a a little greeting smack! Here's one method we recommend:
IegT9PQ.jpg

And another common method:
iynfLwF.jpg

2. By far, the best way to make friends here is with a good pooning!
XqITKET.jpg

What are you waiting for? Book your flight and accommodations today and experience the vacation of a lifetime!
Is this Mad Max game? Silly question I know.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

Yep, sure is. It's really good and hella fun. Definitely a very underrated game. There are a few quibbles I have with it, but nothing that stops the enjoyment. I highly recommend it if you like the whole Mad Max 'verse and aesthetic.

Some screens from a multiplayer scenario I took part in this past Sunday with the Kanium Steel Beasts group. I was in a mech infantry platoon using the Swedish CV9040. Weird vehicle in that you only get 8 shots per feed before you have to reload. The map we fought on was a Swedish map. The two mech inf platoons cleared a couple of town objectives, but never got into any serious fighting. The tank platoons handled that. I ended up with the only kill in my platoon by knocking out a Russian Tigr that was prowling around, and I was also ambushed by a two man grenade launcher team in a rock quarry that killed two of my dismounts. My fault, though. I had them sticking out the back hatches.

Beware the Swedish kangaroos!
UCVmD6B.jpg

Ambush in the rock quarry. The GL team was in the far right window of the left most building. We ended up just by-passing them since we had a PL to reach, which turned out bad for the following M113 TOW platoon. The team knocked all 4 of them out.
UzBdsIL.jpg

Snow means it's too cold outside for this Texan's blood.
bqziXPX.jpg

Nice shots there Rambler. The CV90 has one of the best FCS I have seen in that game. Crisp and clear.

Thanks Boom! Yeah, the FCS is pretty good on these. The TIS is clearer than the M1A1's, for sure. I have to say the CVs are my favorite playable IFVs in SB so far.

And now for something completely different, but still relevant to a gallery. I'm working on some aircraft profile watercolors for my 6 month old nephew's nursery. My sister-in-law decorated the room in an aviation theme, and she and my brother asked if I'd be willing to do some aviation oriented artwork, particularly vintage aircraft. Needless to say, I said I would. These are simplified profiles, and my main intent was a variety of bold colors. As such, I realize that there are details missing and shadows may not be 100% true to life. It's on purpose. Without further ado, here are some that have been completed.

Curtiss JN-4 "Jenny" in US Air Service trainer colors.
IMG_0541a_sm.jpg

Nieuport 28 in 94th Aero Squadron colors.
IMG_0542a_sm.jpg

Ryan NYP "Spirit of St. Louis"
IMG_0543a_sm.jpg

Brown B-2 Racer
IMG_0544a_sm.jpg

Started recording the Steel Beasts mp sessions I participate in with the Kanium VU. However, I'm still figuring out OBS and forgot to tell it to record my mic :p. Anyway, here are a few clips from Sunday's scenario, where I was in 4th PLT, mech infantry. Things got dicey for us at the end, when I spotted a platoon of "tanks," which later turned out to be BMP-3s (hey, as you'll see, I only saw them for a split second). We were able destroy them all, though.

4th PLT clearing a forest bordering the MSR, all while a tank duel rages around us.

Mech infantry goes for a swim!

Contact!

@Nathangun - It's a great sim. If you have an interest in it, I'd recommend getting the $9.50 one month time limited license to try it out before plopping down the cash for a permanent license. It'll give you a good idea if you want to keep playing it or not.

Last edited:
Some additional Mad Max shots from my playthrough I ran across.
2PL2x8R.jpg

Wl7f7lH.jpg

The following two shots are what happens when a Roadkill Kaboom Bug buggy goes off. Pro tip: be very far away.
DGHGroy.jpg

ptYxryP.jpg

Breaking The Jaw
ECaouF7.jpg

That's gonna leave a mark.
zwJD1Ij.jpg

khKCn1C.jpg

i4bfLps.jpg

8tuL8Cz.jpg

All in day's work.
p0FKbVS.jpg

SyiaN9x.jpg

Thunderpoons are awesome. Easy way to take out convoys...
1iLDyL6.jpg

and annoying Stank Gum minions.
aAe4ONV.jpg

w8kUCLm.jpg

The End
VMVyahA.jpg

Last edited:
Last Sunday's Steel Beasts multiplayer scenario where I was part of the scout platoon. The scenario objective was to destroy all units at an enemy airfield, but nature and the enemy tried to make things difficult. The scout platoon was tasked with finding a crossing point across a swollen stream for the company, scout out assault positions for the armored and engineering platoons, and help with the airfield assault.

Some screens from playing the Cold Waters tutorials with the Sturgeon class sub. There's also the Skipjack and LA class subs in the game.

On the hunt.
rE1Dvcp.jpg

Harpoon away!
VzaajqP.jpg

65n5t1t.jpg

TASM seeking its target.
LaRMFmM.jpg

7bCeRPS.jpg

Hanging out 975 ft below the surface.
nHDsrc7.jpg

Cruising on the surface at flank speed after performing an emergency main ballast tank blow.
1zyoksH.jpg

Homeward bound.
ix5Wa3a.jpg

Great shots. Got it myself last night; it's exactly what I hoped it to be; a pick up and play sim-lite.

Thanks y'all. Really enjoying the title and sank my first sub tonight. Narwhal vs Alfa. Narwhal gored Alfa with its "tusk." I didn't have long to wait until I was picking up active pings from my foe. Rather than wait for him to find me first, I fired two torpedoes bracketing the area the Alfa was suspected to be (only had about a 45% solution on him). As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense, so I decided to immediately put him on the defensive while I tried to maneuver for a better position. Turns out one of the two snap-shot torpedoes found the Alfa after going active and scored a killing hit, sending it to the bottom.
otDFCP9.jpg

Mission accomplished.
0xJlSV5.jpg

Also found this little guy swimming around in the ocean; a blue whale. Pretty cool whales are actually modeled, and they even "sing."
ig60SvF.jpg

Back