Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG2...Epic Battles... Round Three... All Welcome... Sign-up!

More like 26% - 59% @Wellsonian

ofeQ3uA.png

That is better for me, but......
I know it says that in that screen, but in the upper left corner it says 40-61, and the game won’t end until you have over 60% broken. Not sure which one we use.

That is better for me, but......
I know it says that in that screen, but in the upper left corner it says 40-61, and the game won’t end until you have over 60% broken. Not sure which one we use.

Always use the upper left hand numbers, wich are displayed the whole time.
The "Final Losses" screen is really just there for the flavour and does not represent the real battle performance - it is skewed very much in favour of the winning side.

@Nelson1812
I thought it was made quite clear which numbers to use, otherwise a ranking wouldn't make much sense. :(

Yup yup!

We want to be reporting the red and green routing percentages not the Final Losses percentages. :)

Well done @olaf ! I think that is the first win for the Byzantines.

Based on how my two games are looking so far and from the previous posted results this one looks to be trending contrary to the historical outcome. :D

Thanks! It seems like in the historical battle the byzantines won the left flank because the persians got ambushed. That would not really happen in a FOG battle so I had to use a different way. Somehow I had to make my way to the persian infantry to make a difference, and without the superior persian cav being in the way. It worked in the end.

Belisarius speaking to the troops:

"You know assuredly that the Persians are not altogether invincible, nor too strong to be killed, having taken their measure in the previous battle; and that, although superior to them in bravery and in strength of body, you were defeated only by reason of being rather heedless of your officers, no one can deny.

This thing you now have the opportunity to set right with no trouble. For while the adversities of fortune are by no means such as to be set right by an effort, reason may easily become for a man a physician for the ills caused by himself. If therefore you are willing to give heed to the orders given, you will straightway win for yourselves the superiority in battle. For the Persians come against us basing their confidence on nothing else than our disorder. But this time also they will be disappointed in this hope, and will depart just as in the previous encounter.

And as for the great numbers of the enemy, by which more than anything else they inspire fear, it is right for you to despise them. For their whole infantry is nothing more than a crowd of pitiable peasants who come into battle for no other purpose than to dig through walls and to despoil the slain and in general to serve the soldiers. For this reason they have no weapons at all with which they might trouble their opponents, and they only hold before themselves those enormous shields in order that they may not possibly be hit by the enemy. Therefore if you shew yourselves brave men in this struggle, you will not only conquer the Persians for the present, but you will also punish them for their folly, so that they will never again make an expedition into the Roman territory."

Well, chalk another one up for the Persians in this one. Mine have managed to overcome Rico's Byzantine forces 8% vs 43%. The Persian cavalry is pretty darn tough. This one was pretty much all won by the mounted troops.Dara vs Rico Final Losses.jpgDara vs Rico End Pic.jpg

Thanks for the game Rico! I look forward to the next one!

Hi Everyone... this is a monthly game, next round will not start until around 1st July. Will start gathering the scores in the next few days.

Battle of Dara 530AD (Work in Progress)

Players__________________________________ Byzantine ___
_Position

Olaf...………………………………………………………25%
Badger73...………………………………………..……-12%
Jolly Olly...………………………………………....……-21%
Nathangun……………………………………………..-21%
Mad Mike...…………………………………...…….....-25%
mTk…………………………………..……………...…….-26%
Alpha Zwo………………………………………………-29%
Wellsonian………………………………………..…….-35%
Rico...………………………………...……………………-35%
Poesels...………………………………..……………….-39%

Players________________________________ Persian _____Position

Olaf...………………...…………………………………..39%
Alpha Zwo…………………………………,…………35%
Jolly Olly...…………………………………………….35%
Mad Mike …………………………………………....29%
Badger73...…………………………………….….….26%
Rico...…………………………….…....………….…….25%
Wellsonian……………………………………...……21%.
mTk………………………………………………..……..21%
Poesels71...…………………………………….……..12%
Nathangun…………………………………………..-25%

Players_________________------------__________Grand Total

Olaf...………………………………...………………….…………64%
Badger73...………………………..……………………...…....14%
Jolly Olly...……………………………………………….………14%
Alpha Zwo……………………………………………..…....……6%
Mad Mike …………………………………………...……………4%
Rico...………………………………………..…………………...-10%
mTk……...……………………...……………………………..…..-5%
Wellsonian………………………….………………………....-14%
Poesels71.........................................................................-27%
Nathangun......................................................................-46%

Last edited:
My game vs @Badger73 has ended. We tried to massacre as many of our troops as we could and I think we did fairly well. :p

The game ended 51 (Byz) - 63 (Persia) for me.

Good game!

Back