Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG2...Epic Battles... Round Three... All Welcome... Sign-up!

Yep. Thanks for a good game.
REtVPuP.png

@mTk has bested my Byzantine forces 40% to 61% routed.

Wow! What a battle this was! Well done mTk! I put up as good a fight as I could and thought I had a chance at one point. In the end, I just could not defeat his right and center quickly enough (though I had by the end) and my left flank could just no hold against the overwhelming number of mounted troops he had. Great game and very well played by my opponent!

It was very exciting wasn't it!? I never felt comfortable after you crumbled my left that you wouldn't just go on to rout me out. Fortunately, for me, clearing out the rubble took long enough to allow my attack on your left to succeed. Byzantines just don't have enough staying power to carry this one off very often.
Final Score mTk (Green +21) Jolly Olly (Red -21)

Last edited:
Battle of Dara 530AD (Work in Progress)

Players__________________________________ Byzantine ___
_Position

Olaf...………………………………………………………25%
Badger73...………………………………………..……-12%
Jolly Olly...………………………………………....……-21%
Nathangun……………………………………………..-21%
Mad Mike...…………………………………...…….....-25%
mTk…………………………………..……………...…….-26%
Alpha Zwo………………………………………………-29%
Wellsonian………………………………………..…….-35%
Rico...………………………………...……………………-35%
Poesels...………………………………..……………….-39%

Players________________________________ Persian _____Position

Olaf...………………...…………………………………..39%
Alpha Zwo…………………………………,…………35%
Jolly Olly...…………………………………………….35%
Mad Mike …………………………………………....29%
Badger73...…………………………………….….….26%
Rico...…………………………….…....………….…….25%
Wellsonian……………………………………...……21%.
mTk………………………………………………..……..21%
Poesels71...…………………….……………….……..12%
Nathangun…………………………………………..-25%

Players_________________------------__________Grand Total

@olaf .………………………………...……….………….…………64%...…..1
@Badger73 ...………………………..……………………...…....14%...….} 2
@Jolly Olly ...……………………………………………….………14%...…} 2
@Alpha Zwo ……………………………………………..…....……6%....….4
@Mad Mike …………………………………………...……………4%....…..5
@Rico ...………………………………………..…………………...-10%....….6
@mTk ……...……………………...……………………………..…..-5%.........7
@Wellsonian ………………………….………………………....-14%....….8
@poesel71 ..........................................................................-27%.......9
@Nathangun ......................................................................-46%......10

Have requested Jolly Olly to select the next battle...tough decision but he was second in round two too!
Please post below to battle out round four of Epic battles.

Last edited:
Alright gang! I hope you all don't mind another one from the Age of Bellisaurius. Hopefully I am mixing it up a little bit at least.

I could not help but give a little nod to my Scotch-Irish heritage. I give you....The Battle of Raith.....

For freedom!!!!!!!!!! Wait...I think that was a different one.

Anyway, I hope if proves to be challenging and entertaining. Have fun!

Battle of Raith.jpg

Kudos to @olaf on this last round! Two solid wins....great job man!

Curious as to what folks made of this one. My impressions, while I don't know, historically, how much of an impact the trenches dug by the Byzantines made in countering the power of the Persian horse, I don't feel the "obstacles" in this scenario really amounted to much. As best as I could tell, the only way for the Byzantines to have much of a chance in this one meant they pretty much had to come out fighting and engage the enemy as quickly as possible, try to get some unbalanced match ups against the mounted, and hope that you could get at and route the inferior foot of the Persians before the superior Persian horse overwhelmed them. It seemed like sitting in place behind the obstacles meant almost certain defeat for the Byzantines (in game at least). Historically it does not seem that the infantry played much of a role in this battle. Very interesting that the inferior Byzantine cavalry ultimately won the day in the real battle.

I would be interested in how everyone fielded their Byzantine units. It would appear that only one of us figured out how to do it successfully in this one...lol.

Back