Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Starting reports on battles this turn.
The Natal Carabineers are advancing into Ravello. Two German tanks have been spotted and enemy infantry is repositioning to counter my maneuvers.
Pushing the right flank and identifying a PzKpfw IV lurking in the trees.
Rav 1.JPG
Pixeltruppen under heavy fire.
Rav 2.JPG

The 1 BTN 24RCT's probe into Persano is beginning with a little thunder from the mortars and machine gun fire on the German defenders!
Per 1.JPG
Per 2.JPG

German armor identified on a hill to my right flank.
Per 3.JPG

The Axis have been dealt a painful blow at Ravello.
View attachment 19678
Yes, that was especially painful to watch ... commander go hit by sniper fire and crew panicked ... and reversed straight into enemy TD line of fire... very annoying.
What made it extra painful was that they turned 45 degrees before reversing... if the tank had gone just back straight this most likely wouldn’t have been the result. :mad:

@Rico I had a similar but reversed situation a few months back in a game against @WinOrLose, he had a Panzer IV hunkered down behind a large building and I had worked two shermans in on each side at a distance to try to pinch him out, one way or the other, turns out that wasn't going to be the case. His PzIV moved forward, the commander was taken out by one of my infantry squads or a sniper, can't recall which, and the PzIV panic reversed right into the sights of one of the pinching shermans, this guy was dead. Stone cold dead, panicked crew, no vision, side on to my sherman at less than 300 meters.

My sherman spotted, lined the shot up, fired..... and hit the tree a few meters in front of him, PzIV stops, sherman fires again, again tree, PzIV spots the sherman, lines up, straight through the turret, sherman crew bails out and the next shot finishes the job.

Many bad words were said that day, mostly directed at BFs indestructible trees.

I'm spewing now I didn't make a video of that incident, and I literally cleaned out my CMFI incoming email folder yesterday. :oops:

uh26lg3odt921.jpg

When I play Rome in the Civilization games, I always imagine that they don't change even though I make it into the modern era.

Are these pics from Denmark by the way? we had a war-historical festival last year with reenactors from Roman times through Iron Age (Vikings), American Civil War, WW2, and the Cold War.

Back